Weighted blankets are blankets filled with materials, such as plastic pellets, that make them heavier than traditional blankets. Here are some of the benefits of using a weighted blanket:
- Improved sleep: The deep pressure touch stimulation (DPTS) provided by a weighted blanket can help promote relaxation and reduce anxiety, resulting in improved sleep quality.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: The DPTS provided by a weighted blanket can also help reduce stress and anxiety levels. The pressure can trigger the release of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that promotes feelings of happiness and well-being, and reduce the release of cortisol, a hormone associated with stress.
- Calming effect: The weight of a weighted blanket can have a calming effect on the nervous system, helping to reduce feelings of restlessness or agitation.
- Pain relief: The weight of a weighted blanket can help reduce pain by providing a comforting sensation and reducing muscle tension.
- Improved focus: The calming effect of a weighted blanket can help improve focus and attention, making it a useful tool for those with ADHD or other attention disorders.
Overall, a weighted blanket can be a useful tool for improving sleep quality, reducing stress and anxiety, providing pain relief, and promoting a sense of calm and relaxation. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare provider before using a weighted blanket, especially if you have any medical conditions or concerns
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.